99.8% of the time....

99.8% of the time...I'm the individual who buys a cooking magazine for the pictures!  I'm the same way with any quilting, knitting, or stamping magazine or cookbook...for that matter.  The pictures are pretty...yep, I'll buy the periodical!

Well, today was the day, I worked the .2%...the other day, I purchased the Food Network Magazine (May 2013).  It had a picture of cinnamon rolls...they looked yummy!  But then, I saw the picture of Poppy Seed-Lemon Twists....well, they looked like heaven!

This morning, I made them.  However, it required Poppy Seed Pie Filling...I didn't have it, so I made the filling from scratch!  My darling hubby said it tasted like his mother's filling...wasn't that nice of him to say!?

And I didn't make the sweet dough, instead, I cheated, I let the bread machine do the work.  I'll probably try the magazine's recipe for sweet dough, but I didn't feel like experimenting, so I stuck with something I knew...

Any ho, here's the pic of Twists, right out of the oven with the lemon drizzle:  And yes, I will make them again; it was an easy recipe...and they are delicious! and I mean, D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!


No comments:

Post a Comment