There was a hiccup....

There was a hiccup in my plan....I had Tim's sister and nephew visit on Saturday...kinda unexpectedly.  So I had to CLEAN a little more than usual, since I worked this past weekend, I needed to get it done on Friday....YUCK!!!

It was great to see Josh...check out the picture of Josh and Odessa!  Odessa LOVES him!




I was working on a couple of things later in the week...it has been a project that I've been working on for the last five years...that might be a bit an over estimate, but it's not a far off!

There's a lot more progress which needs to happen but at least it's on the sewing machine again!



First, I got everything organized and set up...


Then the sewing begins...I have 2 plastic shoe boxes which I have 1 inch strips cut...1 plastic box for the dark colored fabrics and 1 plastic box for the light colored fabrics.

It takes me a little longer to sew each block, because I'm sewing 1 block at a time...I'm trying to have the scrappiest look ever...I'm afraid there will be a couple of blocks which have the same fabric...that's out of 144 blocks....crazy, isn't it!



Then I cut the strip...


and finally, the block is ironed...then I start all over again!  Just NUTS, isn't it!

Oh, and I had some time to create a card....LUCKY ME!

The Paper Pals Arts supplied a (sketch) challenge #244; not too complicated, which was nice...that way I could use some great designer paper!  I always like to maximize at most 2 challenges if I can...so I took a peek at the Color Throwdown colors...Red, Pale Yellow and Pale Pink...well, I went a little brighter than what was intended but I really like how it turned out! Don't you?!



Recipe for card:
Stamp Set: Hi Cupcake (Fiskars)
Ink: VersaInk Dazzle (frost)
Paper: Serendipity (BasicGrey), SU! Pretty In Pink, SU! Real Red, and SU! Whisper White
That Little Something: Static Pal, Red Embossing Powder, 
That Little Helper: VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad, Coffee Filters, SU! Dimensionals 

I didn't like how the embossing powder speckled itself on the paper; I even used the anti-static thingie to help!  Perhaps it was the cheaper than normal powder...I'm going to have to do some testing!

Anyho, that's it...for now! Have a great evening!








No comments:

Post a Comment