My next project...the first Minnesota Quilt fabric

I was snooping around my quilt room last night and this morning trying to find my next project...at first I thought I would start something completely new...then after digging into the projects I didn't have this fabric or I didn't have that fabric.  So I decided to go back to the drawing board, I went to the tub of UFO projects.  I found this bundle; most of the fabric is from the first year (2008) of the Quilt Minnesota.



However, as I read the directions, I figured I would make the lap size quilt instead of the table topper.  As a result, I needed more fabric to work with and because I like scrappy quilts.  So I spent some of the day digging in my scrappy tubs...yes, that's what I said, scrappy tubs!  Here's what I've added to the collection:



I've already started fussy cutting the fabric images; so tomorrow I'm ready to start the 1 1/2 inch blocks...YIKES!  I don't have enough of the fabric images, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do as a replacement...I doubt any quilt stores still have this fabric collection...I thought about fussy cutting the fish fabric...you can see the blue and black fish fabric in the above picture. I'll figure it out later...I have plenty of time, since there's a large number of 1 1/2 inch squares to cut...oh well!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment