Starting something new....Sounds of the Season quilt

Hello, I don't know why I put myself in this type of situation...I already have several...SEVERAL craft projects started...and I don't even know where or what they are...but with this in mind...I started another project...WHAT AM I THINKING!

And the quilt is not even for the summer season...it's a christmas quilt!  I don't know if you are like me but many times I page through quilting magazines and think..."that would be fun to do"...but I never get around to doing them...well, this time I am!  In the April 2014 edition of American Patchwork & Quilting, they did a pattern titled, Folkal Point.  I thought it was really cute...and I had the perfect fabric for it!

However, after investigating, I realized I have my work cut out for me; the main blocks in the pattern are 8 1/2 inch.  The blocks of my fabric were too small, so I needed to add a coping strip to help get the correct square size.  And now that I have the main blocks completed, I'm stuck!  The fabric is from my stash and it's several years old, and I looked online to see if anyone was selling this fabric.  But no go! I do have 3-4 different fabrics which go with it, but I'm having troubles seeing the quilt coming together...So I'm going to have to spend some time auditioning some fabrics...this task might take a while!



Have a great evening,

No comments:

Post a Comment